"We cannot manage what we cannot measure". Indicators to measure the sustainability performance of destinations are at the core of NECSTouR.
1. To improve EU Tourism governance through Sustainable and Competitive tourism indicators: ETIS and other.
2. To foster Tourism sector relevance.
3. To achieve a cross-sectorial perspective through NECSTouR working groups
OBJECTIVE 1: To foster Tourism sector relevance Strategy
- Gather sound and credible figures in cooperation with official statistic bodies – UNWTO Network of Observatories, OECD, EUROSTAT, and other relevant ones – INROUTE.
- Contribute to solve information gaps: Accessibility, innovation, Quality labels, etc.
- Lobby NECSTouR Polititians to make use of them to raise tourism in the Regional political agenda.
- Lobby the EU Institutions to raise tourism in the EU agenda.
OBJECTIVE 2: Cross-sectorial perspective Strategy
- Identify the relevant indicators to measure the implementation to each working group
- Identify the thematic indicators that each working group should gather to contribute to the objectives 1 and 2.